Video Installation: Kahani
The work-Kahaniyan (stories),is a short video made in a PowerPoint Presentation. It is a triptych of three incidents stitched together. Fiction and real and the everyday or rather the everyday lived through fiction and real. The work combines her poetry, photography and performance art. She chose this work for The Mothers' Room, as it talks about and explores the reality of a mother and artist at the same time. 'Mother and artist' or 'Artist and mother' is a recurrent theme in her art practice. It is what she encounters daily and an everyday dilemma.
Manmeet Devgun, is an interdisciplinary artist, based in Delhi. She has a post-graduate degree in painting from Jamia Milia Islamia University, Delhi. She has a post-graduate degree in painting from Jamia Milia Islamia University, Delhi.
Her work is closely linked to her own life and life-situations, often with key feminist concerns as a foreground. She has performed as part of
- Khoj Live 2008;
- Regional Arts and Performance Events (R.A.P.E.) Guwahati, 2012;
- KNMA, 2012;
- School of Art and Aesthetics-JNU, 2013;
- Live Art Lab, Bangalore, 2014;
- Illicit Bodies, Bengluru,2014;
- Der Langest Tag, Zurich 2015;
- Was also on the 2012 shortlist for the prestigious Skoda Prize.
- Recipient of Pro Helvetia Research Residency 2015-2016: Dhaka Art Summit;
- Festival of stories,Bengluru; JNU, SAA 2018
- Srinagar Biennale 2019 ;
- The Mothers' Studio, a curatorial exercise, as part of 5 million incidents, supported by Goethe Institute, in collaboration with Raqs Media Collective.
Manmeet is a trial poet, school teacher and a single mother, surviving the everyday war zone. She loves to day dream and dance. And she lives her life on her own terms.
© Copyright Rama Kalidindi 2010